ABIC IS SEEKING AN ARIZONA STATE DIRECTOR
Start Date: ASAP
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Reports to: Campaign Director
The American Business Immigration Coalition (ABIC) promotes common sense immigration reform that advances economic competitiveness, provides companies with both the high-skilled and low-skilled talent they need, and allows the integration of immigrants into our economy as consumers, workers, entrepreneurs, and citizens.
ABIC members include CEOs, retired CEOs, business associations, small business owners as well as hospitals and universities. ABIC works in partnership with diverse immigrant advocates to support pro-immigrant legislation at the state and federal levels. Currently, ABIC is active in 16 states including Illinois, Florida, Texas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, South Carolina, North Carolina, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Arizona, Idaho, Utah, and Nevada.
For more information, visit https://abic.us.
ABIC is seeking an Arizona State Director to work directly with ABIC staff and its consultants, focusing primarily on building business support for immigrants in Arizona and sensible immigration solutions at the state and federal levels. Successful State Directors manage expectations and meet deadlines, organize and present timely data and information, have a keen attention to detail, maintain confidentiality, demonstrate honesty and trustworthiness and make a solid, positive impact. Effective State Directors are self-motivated, responsible, agile team players, and able to work independently.
The Arizona (Intermountain region) State Director is a critical and valued part of the campaign to protect immigrants in Arizona and build a vibrant single-issue, bipartisan, pro-immigration business coalition.
● Serve as a public-facing leader for ABIC’s work in Arizona
● Build relationships with key business leaders and organizations, recruit business voices from CEOs of major corporations to trade associations and local chambers to small business owners to publicly support
common sense immigration solutions, manage business and CEO engagement, coalition organizing, and other in-state outreach on behalf of ABIC
● Actively support other ABIC programs as needed such as Small Business Technical Assistance – a national program supporting small businesses in pandemic recovery efforts – and Immigrant Legal Services
● Help develop a distinct and unique center-right issue campaign approach tailored to Arizona ● Coordinate ongoing engagement for business leaders and coalition members in support of common sense immigration solutions, including facilitating op-eds, public letters, and coalition calls, meetings, and press events
● Engage with major donors, corporate partners, and others to drive coalition fundraising
● Work with communications consultants to direct engagement and relationships with the media
● Assist in management of other in-state consultants and additional coalition hires
● Partner effectively with ABIC allies across the policy spectrum
● Develop working relationships with Federal, State and Local lawmakers and their offices across Arizona
● A deep commitment to advocating for a path to citizenship for Comfort and ease advocating for undocumented immigrants
● Comfort working with broad diversity of stakeholders, including CEOs and the business community as well as directly-impacted individuals, including undocumented immigrants
● 5 to 7 years of direct experience in political, grassroots, or fundraising activities
● 1-2 years of supervisory experience
● Exceptional communication skills (interpersonal, written, and verbal)
● Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite
● Experience with EveryAction and Asana preferred
● Spanish language proficiency preferred, but not required.
ABIC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affilation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, or other legally protected characteristics.
Compensation: This position will be full-time. We offer a competitive compensation package. Please note all salaries are commensurate with experience. ABIC also provides an attractive benefits package including health insurance, retirement plan, unlimited paid time off, and standard holidays.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Emily Wurth, ABIC Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org include “Arizona State Director” in the subject line.
The position will remain open until filled.