Intermountain Rising: Strengthening our Workforce Through Bipartisan Immigration Solutions ( A virtual, bipartisan immigration summit.)
We will discuss common sense, bipartisan immigration solutions to unleash the economic potential of our region, fulfill our labor needs, create jobs, and strengthen families.
Thursday, June 10th at 10:00 AM MST / 12:00 PM EST
Event speakers include:
- Michael Bennet, United States Senator, Colorado (D)
- Rep. Mike Simpson – R, ID-02
- Michelle Udall, Arizona State Representative (R)
- Bob Worsley, co-chair of the American Business Immigration Coalition
- Jordan Rolfe, Chief Operating Officer, Olson’s Greenhouse Gardens
- Rick Naerebout, Chief Executive Officer, Idaho Dairymen’s Association
- Stan Marek, Chief Executive Officer, MAREK
- Joe Clayton, Owner, Clayton Tree Farm LLC
- Shay Myers, CEO of Owyhee Produce
- Noelle Cockett, President, Utah State University
- Rebecca Shi, Executive Director, American Business Immigration Coalition
The Intermountain region has struggled with labor shortages for years, leaving employers across industries — from farming and hospitality to restaurants and healthcare — unable to find the workers they need to grow and thrive. Bipartisan immigration solutions such as the Durbin-Graham Dream Act, the Bennett-Crapo Farm Workforce Modernization Act, and the SECURE Act can help strengthen our workforce, bring certainty to employers and families, and help the region roar back from the pandemic.
Immigrants make up 9.1% of the population in Arizona, Idaho, Utah, and Colorado and power key industries including agriculture, hospitality, restaurants and healthcare — all industries with labor shortages. A strong and expanding will help the Intermountain region rebuild, recover, and thrive.
You can register here: http://bit.ly/IntermountainABIC