Join the American Business Immigration Coalition and its partners on Wednesday, July 28th, 2021, at 10 AM CST / 11 AM EST for Expanding the Workforce of the Midwest Through Common Sense Immigration Solutions. America’s Midwest, which includes Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan, heavily relies on immigrant workers to power key industries including agriculture, hospitality, restaurant, and healthcare industries. With historic workforce shortages affecting the nation — hitting the Midwest particularly hard — the U.S. Senate must act now through bipartisanship or reconciliation to strengthen our workforce, keep families together and help us rebuild and recover from the pandemic.
Wednesday, July 28th, 2021 at 10am Central
Join us to hear more about how bipartisan immigration solutions like the Bennet-Crapo Senate companion bill to the Farm Workforce Modernization Act, the Durbin-Graham DREAM Act, and the SECURE Act will grow the economic prosperity of the Midwest regions, address the labor shortages, and keep families together.
- James O’Neill, Director of Outreach, ABIC
- Alfonso Vidal, CEO, Vidal Plastics LLC
- Tom Demaline, President / CEO, Willoway Nurseries, Inc.
- Dr. Jane Fernandes, Former President, Guilford College and Incoming President’s Alliance Member in Ohio
- Kim Hainsfurther, Kim Lovelace-Hainsfurther, President Forrest Keeling Nursery
- Tom Hughes, President and CEO, Hughes Nursery & Landscaping
- Kristine Hillmer, President and CEO, Wisconsin Restaurant Association
- Derek Ahl, Partner Northern Family Farms, LLP
- Cesar Gajales, Public Affairs Director, The Libre Initiative
- Andy Johnston, Vice President of Government Affairs, Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- Chris Alpers, Incoming Vice-Chair US Apple and Owner, Redpath Orchards
- Brad Williams, Vice President of Government Relations, Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Sofia Ocampo-Morales, Undocumented DREAMer
- Steve Obert, Executive Director, Indiana Dairy Producers